News
Trump says he's called off plans for "scheduled attack of Iran" after request from Gulf partners
![]()
President Trump said Monday that he's called off a U.S. attack on Iran that had been "scheduled" for Tuesday, after the United States' Gulf partners requested it to allow for continued negotiations.
The president made the announcement Monday afternoon on Truth Social, following a request from the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Iran says it has relayed an amended set of terms for a possible deal to the Trump administration, through Pakistani mediators.
"I have been asked by the Emir of Qatar, Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, and the President of the United Arab Emirates, Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, to hold off on our planned Military attack of the Islamic Republic of Iran, which was scheduled for tomorrow, in that...More
More News Topics
Trump says he's called off plans for "scheduled attack of Iran" after request from Gulf partners
Cuba's president says country poses "no threat" to U.S. after report of island's alleged military drones
Trump calls off scheduled attack on Iran amid "serious negotiations" toward peace deal
Thousands hit London streets for "Unite the Kingdom" march organized by far-right activist Tommy Robinson
U.K. health secretary will run for prime minister after challenging Starmer's leadership in scathing resignation letter
Days after Trump's summit in Beijing, Putin will meet with China's Xi
Hamas commander who helped plan Oct. 7 attacks has been killed, Israel says
Trump says U.S. has killed Islamic State leader in Nigeria
Lawmakers press Trump for military support for Taiwan after Xi summit
China's Xi warns Trump about "conflicts" if Taiwan isn't "handled properly"
Netanyahu made secret visit to UAE to meet with country's president, Israel says
Trump arrives in Beijing to meet with China's President Xi Jinping
Iran says it's ready to repel new U.S. attack with peace talks stalled as Trump arrives in China
Putin hails Russia's test launch of new ICBM, calls it "most powerful missile in the world"
U.K. Prime Minister Keir Starmer rejects mounting calls to resign, even from his own party
Iran threatens to "teach a lesson" if U.S. attacks, Trump says ceasefire is "on life support"
Ukraine and U.S. move toward landmark drone defense deal as Iran war highlights capabilities, and necessities
WHO chief says "work not over" after evacuation of hantavirus-stricken cruise ship
Trump heads to China today for high-stakes meeting with Xi
Iran vows to fight on as Trump says ceasefire is "on life support"
Taiwan to be key issue at Trump's high-stakes summit with Chinese president Xi Jinping
Russia and Ukraine accuse each other of violating U.S.-brokered ceasefire
Putin says he believes Ukrainian conflict nearing end amid scaled-down Victory Day celebrations
Péter Magyar sworn in as Hungary's prime minister, ending Viktor Orbán's rule
U.K. Prime Minister Keir Starmer faces calls to resign after disastrous local elections
Top of page
Business
Oklahoma becomes latest state to sue Roblox over child safety concerns
![]()
Oklahoma filed a lawsuit against Roblox on Thursday, becoming the latest state to take legal action against the popular gaming platform over child safety concerns.
"Roblox marketed itself as a safe place for children but turned a blind eye as predators targeted and exploited minors on its platform," Attorney General Gentner Drummond said in a press release on Thursday.
In the 51-page lawsuit filed in Cleveland County District Court, Drummond claims that Roblox failed to implement basic safety controls, prioritizing user growth over child safety, and that the platform "facilitated the systemic sexual exploitation and abuse of children across Oklahoma and elsewhere in the United States."
The platform's design, the suit alleges, prevents parents from being aware of their child's activity, resulting in exposure to "dangerous adults" and to encounters involving violence and sexual...More
More Business Topics
Oklahoma becomes latest state to sue Roblox over child safety concerns
Ice cream sold in 17 states recalled for potential metal fragments
Trump Mobile says its phone will ship this week, almost a year after announcing the device
Senate confirms Kevin Warsh as Fed chair as Trump presses for lower interest rates
These top U.S. CEOs, worth nearly $1 trillion combined, are accompanying Trump to China
Businesses starting to receive their IEEPA tariff refunds
Social Security recipients could get a nearly 4% cost-of-living adjustment, forecasters say
As Trump visits China, will he seek investment to build American "dark factories" of the future?
Trump wants to suspend the federal gas tax. How much would that help drivers?
EBay rejects GameStop's $55.5 billion takeover bid, calling it "neither credible nor attractive"
CPI surged in April as inflation soars to highest level in almost 3 years
Fed unlikely to cut interest rates until second half of 2027, Bank of America says
What the Trump administration's latest tariff blow means for businesses
Top of page
Sports
Manchester City's FA Cup triumph showcases an ability to keep winning, even during an underwhelming season
City beat Chelsea 1-0 in the FA Cup final on Saturday, the team's 16th major trophy since Pep Guardiola took charge at the start of the 2016-17 season
![]()
Getty Images
For a centerpiece of England's sporting calendar, there was nothing particularly thrilling about Manchester City's triumph over Chelsea in Saturday's FA Cup final. For the standout number of world-class attacking talent on the pitch, the teams mustered a combined five shots on target and 1.16 expected goals, a single goal in the final 20 minutes the only real cause for celebration for any fans in attendance at London's Wembley Stadium. It was an unglamorous way for City to win their second trophy of the season, doing so nearly two months after beating Arsenal on the same pitch in the EFL Cup final, but the point was hard to miss – dominance is this team's defining...More
More Sports Topics
Manchester City's FA Cup triumph showcases an ability to keep winning, even during an underwhelming season
Can hiring Xabi Alonso halt Chelsea's downward spiral after FA Cup defeat to Pep Guardiola's Manchester City?
Broken Hearts: Celtic snatch Scottish league title on final day after VAR overturns call in final minutes
Iran men's soccer team heading to Turkey for World Cup preparations
Nebraska lands $5M NIL deal with Matt Rhule, secures rights to coach's podcast and branding
2026 NFL schedule, international games unveiled: Dates, times, matchups, where to watch, stream
Grizzlies forward Brandon Clarke dies at 29: No. 21 pick in 2019 NBA Draft spent seven seasons with Memphis
2026 PGA Championship tee times, pairings: Complete schedule, groupings for Round 1 on Thursday at Aronimink
Tottenham drop points in relegation battle after tense draw with Leeds: Spurs' survival still uncertain
CSC wins arbitration denying NIL deals to Nebraska players, but bigger fight looms in court
Donovan Mitchell leads historic second-half 'Cavalanche' as Cavaliers rally to even series with Pistons
Former Cowboys and Broncos quarterback Craig Morton dies at 83
VAR saves Arsenal from self-inflicted disaster in Premier League title race as Gunners edge West Ham
Barcelona beat Real Madrid in El Clasico, crowned LaLiga champions for 29th time in club history
Missouri star RB Ahmad Hardy shot at concert in Mississippi, in stable condition after undergoing surgery
Chargers agree to one-year deal with veteran tight end David Njoku, per report
Tarik Skubal could be back sooner than expected after elbow surgery, says agent Scott Boras
Pacers president apologizes as Draft Lottery gambit backfires, but he has nothing to be sorry about
Top of page
Entertainment
BTS, Madonna, Shakira to headline first World Cup halftime show
See Shakira light up Copacabana during massive beach show in Brazil
K-pop supergroup BTS, Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Madonna and Columbian singer-songwriter Shakira will headline the first FIFA World Cup final halftime show in the tournament's nearly 100-year-history. The World Cup final will take place July 19 at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey.
FIFA and nonprofit Global Citizen took to Instagram to announce the lineup for the Super Bowl-style halftime show May 14. In the announcement video, Coldplay's Chris Martin is joined by a cast that featured Elmo, Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy and Cookie Monster, who joked that BTS' hit "Butter" was both the monster's favorite song and cookie ingredient.
When Elmo asked Martin what a halftime show was, the Grammy winner explained that people get together for singing, dancing and music.
"It's a chance to show how...More
More Entertainment Topics
BTS, Madonna, Shakira to headline first World Cup halftime show
Bulgaria wins 70th Eurovision Song Contest in Austria clouded by politics and protests
Spencer Pratt Hits Back at Report He Lied About Living in Trailer amid Campaign for L.A. Mayor
Demi Moore, Jane Fonda and a 'Fast & Furious' next-gen star lead Cannes fashion buzz: All the standout looks
Who won 'American Idol' 2026? Season 24 champion crowned after standout viral audition.
Jimmy Kimmel, John Oliver, Seth Meyers and Jimmy Fallon Discuss Donald Trump’s Obsession With Late-Night on Stephen Colbert’s ‘Late Show’: 'I Appreciate That'
Texas sues Netflix for allegedly 'spying' on users and making the service 'addictive'
Richard Simmons' house manager shares new details on his public retreat, death
Dua Lipa sues Samsung for $15 million
Box Office: ‘Devil Wears Prada 2’ Remains No. 1 With $43 Million, ‘Mortal Kombat II’ Launches to $40 Million
Matt Damon, Ben Affleck Production Company Sued by Narcotics Officers Over Portrayal in Netflix Thriller ‘The Rip’
CBS News Radio: A beacon of broadcast journalism signs off
Top of page
Crime
Gunman kills 6 people, wounds 8 others in latest shooting rampage in Turkey
![]()
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan speaks following the Presidential Cabinet Meeting held at the Presidential Complex in Ankara, Turkiye, on May 18, 2026. Utku Ucrak/Anadolu via Getty Images
A man armed with a rifle carried out a string of attacks in a city in southern Turkey on Monday, killing at least six people and wounding eight others, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said.
Police backed by helicopters and drones were searching for the assailant who remained at large after opening fire in several locations in Tarsus, in Mersin province.
The state-run Anadolu Agency said the 37-year-old suspect in the latest attack, identified as Metin O, allegedly shot and killed his wife in a street before firing from his car at a restaurant, killing its owner and an employee.
He is suspected of later killing a teenager, a 50-year-old man and one other person at...More
More Crime Topics
Gunman kills 6 people, wounds 8 others in latest shooting rampage in Turkey
Shipment of Kim Kardashian brand underwear used to hide cocaine worth $9.4 million, U.K. police say
Child among at least 10 people shot dead by gunmen in central Mexico
Former mayor and aide killed in shooting in Colombia weeks before election
Drug counselor who delivered 'Friends' star Matthew Perry ketamine that killed him gets 2 years
Shots fired in Philippine Senate, where authorities have tried to detain a senator on international charges
Judge shot dead in Ecuador while heading to gym without her bodyguards
Cartel figure captured in Mexico as authorities recover drugs, guns and 7 tigers
Prominent Buddhist monk arrested over alleged sexual abuse in Sri Lanka
Top of page
Life
Ebola strain in Congo, Uganda has no vaccine, no treatment for often deadly symptoms
![]()
The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda is of particular concern to global health officials in part because the virus detected is a less common strain.
As of Sunday, when the World Health Organization declared a public health emergency, there were more than 250 suspected cases and 80 suspected deaths. These numbers are expected to rise, as there are "significant uncertainties to the true number of infected persons and geographic spread," the WHO said.
One American doctor working with an aid group in Congo has tested positive, and several others are believed to have been exposed.
The virus behind this outbreak is the Bundibugyo virus, health officials have confirmed. This is only the third known outbreak of this virus, and there are no vaccines or treatments.
Ebola vaccine targets Zaire strain
Ebola disease is caused...More
More Life Topics
Ebola strain in Congo, Uganda has no vaccine, no treatment for often deadly symptoms
Divers find bodies of 4 Italians in Maldives sea cave
Great white shark kills spearfishing diver in Australia: "Horrific event"
At least 6 Americans in Congo were exposed to Ebola virus, sources say
Frequent burials and at least 80 dead as Congo grapples with Ebola outbreak
New York doctor who survived Ebola says he fears for healthcare workers treating the virus
Body of second U.S. soldier who went missing amid training exercise recovered in Morocco
Bear kills worker at uranium mining company's facility in Canada, forcing operations to shut down
Princess Kate visits northern Italy on first overseas trip after cancer treatment
Pastor Greg Locke Mourns Death of His Son Following Drug Overdose
e.l.f. Cosmetics Co-Founder Gives Up Fortune to Become Catholic Priest: 'I Have Never Been Happier'
Their son died of a drug overdose after consulting ChatGPT. Now they're suing OpenAI.
American climber dies in avalanche on Nepal's Mount Makalu
Martin Short: Facing tragedy with joy
Billy Bob Thornton Shares Rare Health Condition That Led to His Restrictive Diet: 'I Just Assumed Everybody Felt Like S---'
Body of soldier who went missing in Morocco during training exercise recovered, U.S. Army says
17 Americans from hantavirus cruise ship arrive in U.S. for quarantine
Top of page
Interesting
German police kill tiger believed to have escaped from "Tiger Queen" after it attacked man in enclosure
![]()
Carmen Zander performs with a tiger during the gala of the 42nd Monte-Carlo International Circus Festival in Monaco, in a Jan. 23, 2018 file photo. CLAUDE PARIS/AFP/Getty
Police shot and killed an escaped tiger believed to be owned by a woman who describes herself as Germany's "Tiger Queen" after it attacked a 72-year-old man in its enclosure, according to CBS News' partner network BBC News.
Police told local German media outlet MDR the man was "authorized" to be in the enclosure, located northwest of Leipzig in eastern Germany.
The tiger escaped after the attack but was tracked down by armed police to a garden, where it was shot and killed. There was no time to wait for a veterinarian, police told MDR, as the area was busy with people.
The site the animal is believed to have escaped from, in an industrial park in the town of Schkeuditz, is...More
More Interesting Topics
German police kill tiger believed to have escaped from "Tiger Queen" after it attacked man in enclosure
2 Americans arrested in Japan for climbing into viral baby monkey Punch's zoo enclosure
Skeletal remains of new dinosaur weighing as much as 9 elephants discovered by scientists: "The last titan"
NASA maps show Earth's brightest and darkest regions at night
Workers are getting paid to teach AI how to do their jobs
Blue-green diamond called the "world's rarest" sells for record $17.3 million at auction
"Monster wolf" robots in high demand to scare off bears in Japan after record number of attacks
Hayden Panettiere claps back at claims she ‘abandoned’ 11-year-old daughter Kaya
Lawsuit against OpenAI details ChatGPT's alleged role in FSU shooting: "They planned this shooting together"
Emperor penguins in focus as Antarctica talks start in Japan
CDC's acting director says hantavirus is not "a five-alarm fire bell"
Pakistan allowed Iran to park military aircraft on its airfields despite mediator role in conflict with U.S.
Iran hangs grad student accused of spying for the CIA and Israel's intel agency
Top of page
Sundry
The story of the 1996 shootdown that could lead to Raúl Castro's indictment
![]()
A Brothers to the Rescue plane flies over The Democracy Movement flotilla at the twelve-mile limit north of Havana, Cuba, on July 10, 1999. ALAN DIAZ
In February 1996, three small civilian planes took off from a Miami-area airport, operated by a Cuban exile group that searched for people seeking to flee the island nation in rafts. Two of the planes were shot down by a Cuban fighter jet, killing four people.
Now, 30 years later, the deadly shootdown appears to be the focus of a potential federal criminal case against one of the most powerful figures in Cuba.
The U.S. is taking steps to indict Raúl Castro, the 94-year-old who led Cuba after the retirement of his older brother, Fidel, CBS News was first to report last week. An indictment would mark an escalation of the Trump administration's pressure campaign against Cuba and a new phase in the U.S.' long, tense relationship with the...More
More Sundry Topics
The story of the 1996 shootdown that could lead to Raúl Castro's indictment
American doctor working in Congo tests positive for Ebola, CDC and aid group say
Hantavirus-hit cruise ship arrives in Netherlands
U.S. reups $6 million reward in case of American who vanished 12 years ago in Afghanistan
Cuba's biggest threat to U.S. is collapse, says former Defense Secretary Robert Gates
Why Taiwan is a major flashpoint between the U.S. and China as Trump meets with Xi
Lawmakers seek crackdown on China-owned U.S. farmland as Trump meets with Xi Jinping
Senate defeats 7th attempt to limit Trump's Iran war powers, despite new GOP defection
Trump Tower Australia plans scrapped as developer blames Iran war for making Trump brand "toxic"
Phone data reveals 42% drop in Canadian visits to U.S. last year
Hegseth, Caine face congressional committees amid $1.5 trillion Pentagon budget request
Iran hangs another man amid wave of executions since war broke out with U.S. and Israel
Elon Musk and other CEOs among those invited to be in Trump's delegation to China
WHO director arrives in Canary Islands to oversee hantavirus cruise evacuation: "This disease is not COVID"
Top of page
| Smart Links To Latest Topics |
| Sections |
| Sections & Topics |
| Topics |
|
|
| Top |
|
For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to sleeksmartservices@outlook.com Copyright 2019 - 2026 All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions |
|
|
...

